"He is the Rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He." -- Deuteronomy 32:4
I just finished putting together my shopping list for the rock garden I want to install in the back yard. I am going to try some trench gardens in the cracks and crevices that are in the ancient stone wall that runs across my back yard. Here's my list, so far:
|The old stone wall behind my house|
- Sedum - creeping varieties
- Thymus - I have a lemon thyme -- looking for something different
- Lewisia - a new one for me
- Saxifraga - also new for me
- Eriogonum umbellatum - another newbie
- Salvia pachyphylla - a different Salvia from the ones I have
- Campanula - I saw a picture of a compact one in BH&G, but only have a tall one in my yard, to date -- would love a midget size one
- Heuchera - I collect these...
- Alyssum - an old stand-by for rock gardens
- Dianthus - the grass pinks...
- Euphorbia - compact ones...
- Lobelia cardinalis - I never saw a compact form until I saw BH&G's rock garden slide show; I have a shady, damp spot that would be perfect
I'm off to the garden center to look for landscape edging, potting soil and wood chips to construct a flower bed in my front yard. I'll keep you posted on the progress as part of my 3 in 30 Challenge. Click on the button to start your own challenge! And see my blog posts at A Child's Garden for updates on how I'm doing on all my gardening goals!
Peace to all!