Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Garden Songs...

It's funny how you get some songs stuck in your head. Ever since gardening season began, we have all been singing a few family favorites. The first one is our hymn study for the month of April...

"In the Garden," sung by Alan Jackson...


The second one is an OLD favorite from Sesame Street. I love it because it reminds me of gardening with my kids. I don't garden barefoot, but I DO wear my gardening flipflops (no lie!)... And I love the banjo and fiddle...

"Come Into the Garden"


The last one on our list is an oldie from when my oldest son was a kindergartner. I can't find a You Tube clip (maybe one of you can?), but the lyrics to "In My Garden" go like this:

Planting, planting, this is how we plant our peas,
In the garden, in the garden.
Planting, planting, this is how we plant our peas,
Early in the morning.


Hoeing, hoeing...
Growing, growing...
Picking, picking...


etc...


No comments:

Post a Comment