Monday, May 19, 2014

Birdies, Butterflies and Blooms

"Every word of God is pure: He is a shield for them that put their trust in Him." (Proverbs 30:5)


Love that fuschia!



I was sent to Home Depot the other day to buy new blades for the weed whacker. I told my husband that this hanging fuchsia somehow got into my cart and I must have accidentally paid for it, because, LOOK! here it is in my trunk!


My husband just smiled. He lets me play with plants, because it's a lot cheaper than most vices folks might have, it makes us happy, doesn't get anyone into trouble, and makes us feel like we are continuing where Adam and Eve should have left off.


We like to sit on our front porch in the evening. There is a common "green" with a little gazebo in it, in the center of our neighborhood. All the children (and their parents!) congregate there for frisbee golf, cookouts, guitar and drum practice, and general fun. So we hung our hanging baskets on the front porch.

Within a day, the hummingbirds found the basket! My husband enjoys them immensely, commenting on how loud their wings are when they whiz past your head, and how unafraid they are.  It makes me very happy to see them.



I have written in the past about other flowers that attract wildlife. See Humming (Sphinx) Moths for a list of other plants you can include in your garden, to attract birds, butterflies and other wonders.








No comments:

Post a Comment